Address

Sister Molly George
Georgia Atlanta North Mission
1150 Cole Dr. SW
Lilburn GA 30047

mollyg@MyLDSMail.net

Friday, March 28, 2014

Elder Cook, Tracting, Friends, and Tender Mercies

March 3, 2014

Hey y'all!

I hope you had a fantabulous Monday!  If you didn't then you didn't use the correct mindset for it... If you think about it like, "Hey! It's Molly's P-day today!  What a great way to start the week!" then I promise it will be a better day.☺  That's how I look at Mondays!  And it always turns out to be a great day.☺

This morning we accidentally slept in.  The alarm went off and I turned it off and knelt to say my prayers...Next thing I know, I look at the clock and it says 7!  Needless to say, I had to apologize for my obviously meaningless prayer. It must have been if I fell asleep for a half hour during it! I felt pretty bad!  And it was our day to go to the gym! Dang it! So we missed that.

Personal study was good.  I'm reading Jesus the Christ and I'm loving it.  I started when Sister Rowe got here and I'm on Chapter 9.  I'm amazed at everything that I'm learning!

We went to the store and got all our groceries, dropped off our laundry at Sister King's and headed to the library.  It was our turn for the first half today :)

Sister Rowe treated us to Subway for lunch.  She got sent a $25 gift card for it.  So we had lunch, just laughing and talking and enjoying ourselves!  The Dustin's were taking us to the chiropractor (YAY!) at 3:45 so we had about two hours before that. We came home and took naps and wrote some letters.  It's weird but nice to be able to take a nap in the middle of the day and not feel guilty about it.  I would feel guilty if I did it on any other day rather than P-Day.

Ok, anyways, we went over to the Dustins and headed to the chiropractor.  The guy who adjusted our backs was super nice.  He is a Baptist but was just super down to earth and way cool!  He did me first and I was popping all over the place! It was crazy!  It felt pretty great afterwards though!  When we were paying he gave us a huge discount and told us to keep working the Lord's work :)

Dinner was at the Kings tonight.  I love them! Their son comes home on Wednesday and they are SO excited! That was pretty much our whole conversation of the night.  It was hard not to get a little trunky just talking about it. It's not that I want to be home just yet, but it's kind of one of those day dreams that just sits in the back of your mind and pops up when something is said or another missionary is going home.  I know it will all come faster than I think, but other times it's never ending.  Luckily the never ending feeling doesn't stay for long!

The spiders are coming back out, and we have some BIG ones.  I walked out of the bathroom tonight and stepped on something kind of cold, and I thought it was a bobby pin until I looked down. AH!  It was a huge black spider!  So I got some toilet paper and sort of squished it but half of it wasn't squished.  The half that wasn't squished stared crawling away from the squished half! I hate spiders, especially the big ones down here.  It's all part of the experience I suppose!

March 4, 2014
Today was not too bad of a day.☺  It was a district meeting, and somehow I have gotten out of doing training since January...Pretty nice!  I have a feeling that I will be giving one next week though.  Hopefully I will be able to apply whatever Elder Cook says to my training!

I really like the district that we have now.  I would say that Elder Peña and Elder Cleverly are some of my best friends.  I get along with everyone but they are the ones that I laugh and joke with the most.  Today Elder Peña and I decided that we were going to adopt each other as siblings.  Gabe, I wish that you could meet Elder Peña.  You two are so much alike!  I think that y'all would get along super well!!

It's so hard at the end of the district meeting not to go with the elders to lunch!  They know I do not like that rule so they are little punks about it!  Without fail, one of them will look at me and say, "Sister George, where should we go for lunch? Oh wait, just kidding!"  It drives me nuts! We had lunch today with our sisters and the sisters from Canton and Ellijay.  Instead of going out we just brought our lunch, and that was pretty fun so HA!

After district meeting and lunch we went over to clean for Sister Bragg.  She is super awesome! I really hope that she can get well soon!  She has been sick for such a long time! I wish there were something more we could do!  But we are helping the best way we can!

We went to visit Sister Tye after helping Sister Bragg.  She is now on less medication two weeks after her surgery, and you can definitely tell the difference.  I liked Sister Tye before but I really like the less drugged Sister Tye!!!  They have a family they have been working on that we might be able to teach!  Ah!  I'm so excited!  I have been praying for a family for eight months!  I really hope that this family is the one that I have been praying for.  I guess we will find out soon!

After Sister Tye we went over to Sister King.  We had forgotten our leftovers last night so she told us to come on over and get them!  She is still so excited for John to come home.☺  I hope that you guys are that excited for me!  They have a bunch of poster board to make signs, they are decorating their door, and I think that they are getting balloons too!  It's so funny!  It's fun to see how excited they are :)

Sister Rowe had a pretty big headache today.  I couldn't figure out if she was mad at me or if her head just REALLY hurt, but she loosened up a bit when we started tracting.  I felt bad but didn't know quite what to do.  Headaches are the worst because you have to decide to work or not work.  When you are contagious sick you DON'T work cuz you don't want to get others sick.  Sometimes with a headache you feel like you should just gut through it.  I would have done anything she said though. 

At the 4th house we went to, there was a yappy little dog.  It had a shock collar on so we knew there was an invisible fence, though it could walk on the walkway to the door.  Suddenly three more dogs came bounding around the corner!  They were all kind of nipping at our ankles, so we just got out of there.  It was pretty funny though!  We were both laughing really hard.

Our little miracle for the day was that we finally got a hold of Katelyn's mom, Whitney!  Yay!! We made an appointment with her for tomorrow so she can meet with us and ask us any questions and to learn more about what we're teaching Katelyn.  She seemed pretty chill on the phone, so hopefully she will give us the written permission we need for Katelyn to get baptized.  Now we just need to find a teamup.  It's hard because it is totally last minute.  But we have to find one cause, a) we need a ride and b) we need to backup! I know that it will all work out.

I finally got some letters.☺  One from my cute Sister Knight (she wrote Sister Rowe too!) One from Daddy, and one from Sister Nettleton.  I cannot wait to see Sister Knight on Saturday!

Thanks for the letter, Daddy.  I love hearing stories from your mission!  And thanks for all of the encouragement and love.  I know that I can get through anything with y'all to back me up!

March 5, 2014
Megan Burton who is a missionary in Florida

Today was a pretty dang good day.☺  First off though, I forgot to tell you something from Monday.  We were e-mailing and sister Rowe asks me if I know a Sister Burton in Florida.  Turns out  Sister Rowe's boyfriend is Megan Burton's District Leader!!  Small world!  So that's kinda cool.☺  Okay, now onto our day.  first off,we tried to go visit Pauline cause today is a Wednesday and that's when she said she would be home!  Alas, she was not. : / Bugger!  We left her a note though and hopefully she will call us!

Do you remember Ingrid!  She's the German lady that Sister Breinhold and I tracted into.  Well we went back to see her today with Sister Seng, who lived in Germany for a while her husband was in the military.  We talked and chatted with her for a while.  It's pretty sad.  Ingrid kept talking about how all her friends are dead, so what is the point of making new ones?  The Plan of Salvation would be a good thing for her.

We gave her President Uchtdorf's talk "Forget-me-not" since we told her about him last time, and it was my only copy of that talk, dang it!  I'm just going to have to remember to print off another copy on Monday.  Then we talked to her about The Book of Mormon and what it is.  She seemed really interested and said that she would start reading it today!  Hopefully she does pray about it (which she said she would) and the Spirit testifies of it to her and she acts on it!  We are going to visit her next week.  That would be amazing if she wanted to know more!  I would love to have an investigator out of tracting that sticks.  Richard was the closest one that I ever had!

After that we sat in the car for a while and called people, trying to see if anyone would come with us to visit Katelyn and her mom tonight.  We practically called everyone that we knew. No joke.  Either they didn't answer or they couldn't and it was getting super frustrating.  Finally I just looked at Sister Rowe and said, "Well, we should probably pray."  So we closed our eyes and I started saying a prayer.  In the middle of the prayer our phone went off with like three texts.  I finished the prayer and we looked at the texts.  Every single one of them said that they couldn't go. Well that's stupid!  Sister Wyman had told us that she was supposed to take her other granddaughter somewhere but at this point we had no one!  So Sister Rowe called her again.  Sister Wyman really likes Sister Rowe.  Prayer works, her granddaughter's thing had fallen through so she could go with us!! Finally!!

We went tracting for two hours after that with no luck.  But we had great fun!  And we were being obedient and working hard! It is annoying though when the numbers don't match up to the effort!

We didn't have dinner tonight, so we ran home to eat before Sister Wyman picked us up, and then we headed over to talk with Whitney.  We weren't really sure what we were going to say, but we knew it would all work out.  And it did!  Whitney was super chill about the whole thing.  She was game for whatever Katelyn wanted to do.  Katelyn was SO excited!!! She was practically bouncing off the walls.  She is planning on inviting all of her friends and everything! Basically it was a super duper awesome end to the night!! Ahh!! I'm so excited!  We have a baptism this month and it's going to be awesome!

March 6, 2014
Lacey George without braces!!!

Okay, before I start with today,  I have one very important thing to say! Lacey!  Get your braces back on!  I saw a picture on Instagram from Sister Dustin and as an older sister, I do not approve! No!  this will not work!  The brace-less picture was WAY too beautiful!  No.  Unacceptable! Seriously thought, you look super great!!!

So today, we kind of switched things up and did weekly planning today instead of tomorrow.  We have more appointments tomorrow so it just worked out better to do it today!

We got out of the apartment at around two and went straight to tracting.  While we tracted, we made a little doggy friend.  He sort of looked like a fox, so we named him Todd, like in the Fox and the Hound.  He followed us to every front door and would sit a few feet away from us, and then walk with us some more.  He marked his territory every few feet.  We had to tell him that it wasn't very a appropriate thing to do.  We were told that he was kind of the neighborhood dog and that his name was Leo.  We like Todd better.

Tonight we had told Billie we would make her dinner.  The Dustins told us we could use their kitchen and we just made enough for everyone!  It was so much fun!  Mom, my chicken Alabam didn't turn out nearly as good as yours, but it was still yummy and a nice taste of home!
Chicken Alabam - Sister George Style


Sister Dustin, Sister Rowe, and Sister George

Two of Sister George's favorite people!!


Billie didn't answer when we brought her over the food.  We rang and knocked a few times, and we were getting really worried.  We had left our phone at the Dustin’s.  We went back and called her a few times and she didn't answer.  We left a message.  Luckily, a few hours later she called us and told us shee was fine.  she gave us a heart attack though!!

We ended up eating with the Dustins instead.  They really liked it.  But they would have liked it even better if you had made it Momma!

March 7, 2014

Today was a good day!  We worked really hard.  This morning we finished the map, finally!  It took us forever! But it looks good!  There are some people we are going to have to put in later because we didn't know anything about them.  Luckily we got that information from the elders, so we'll do that later!

Then we went to Sister Braggs.  I like going over there because it reminds me of when we would go over to Marni's.  I miss that family!  Sister Bragg is awesome!  She is such an inspiration.  Even thoughshe has gone trough so much she in one of the happiest and most positive people I have ever met!

Then we went to go see Sister Craig.  You never know what you are going to get when you go see her!  I believe I have told you about her before.  She is in her 70s and has a 25 year old boyfirend in like Tanzania or somewhere.  She has pictures of him all over, and she has been over to visit two times and is working on going over again.  She has 8 children.  It's just crazy! Oh boy!  She's a hoot.  

After that we tracted, lots and lots of tracting!  But we had so much fun!  There are a few people we will be following up on.  Sadly we haven’t seen much success but because we are being obedient and tracting and following up on those we have tracted into, we are seeing the blessings in other ways.  We are receiving referrals  from members and hopefully those become investigators.  We are seeing our numbers increase and more cooperation from the ward.  It’s awesome. 

Dinner was at the Townsons.  They are a new family in our ward who got baptized in the Rosewell ward a little over a year ago.  They are super awesome!!  A little bit on the wild, but it seems like all our new members are a little wild.  Not like wild in a bad way wild just well awesome wild!  It was great!

March 8, 2014

Today was a most glorious and magnificent day.  We left at 10:30 and didn’t get home until 8:00.  We were told to be in our seats by 1:30 and it took us about at hour and a half to get there, but we were carpooling with the Canton sisters and Sister Taylor was playing the organ and she wanted to practice.  We were told that our mission got to sit up front this time since the Atlanta mission got to sit up front last time. Well, we ended up being three rows away, and it was awesome!  I saw Michelle Tavener first.  I yelled her name and gave her a big hug.  I asked her a few questions.  I was pretty excited to see her. 

Me and my Sister Knight
As more people started coming in, I kept scanning for the people I loved and really wanted to see.  First was my Sister Knight.  I gave her a hug and she hugged me back like she never wanted to let go.  I just love her! 

Next was Sister Jacobs.  She didn’t see me at first even though I was right in front of her!  Haha! We talked for a little bit and caught up.  She is doing well and she seems really happy!
 
Happy Day!!! My Sister Carrigan!!!
Then I saw Sister Carrigan!  I have missed her! She is in Athens now so she and I are basically as far away from each other as we can possibly be!  Elder Hales found me and I introduced myself to his greenie, Elder Mahoney.  Elder Mahoney laughed and told me that he knew who I was and had heard all about me! All good things I hope!  I love my Hickory Flat elders but I really glad that I had my Suwanee elders too!  Oh! Speaking of my Suwanee elders, Elder Rahman gets back on Monday!  Yay!  He and Elder Howell are going to be back together, ironically!
 
Ah!!  Sister Hooker!
It was getting closer to staring and I wasn’t seeing my Sister Hooker!  Finally, I found her!  I ran as fast as I could and tackled her with a hug!  I have missed her so much.  We chatted away about as fast as we possibly could before we had to sit down.

We got to take a picture with Elder Cook and shake his hand, just like with Elder Oaks.  It is truly amazing to be in the presence of one of God’s apostles.  He spoke to us how we are exactly where we need to be. He told us that there are three different impressions that come when assigning the missionary to their mission.  The first is that the missionary needs to serve under a certain mission president.  Or that the missionary needs to go to a certain people, like Mexicans, or Southerners!☺☺  The last he said, doesn’t happen too often but it does happen; that the missionary needs to go to a certain place because there is something there that is going to be really important for their future.   

Then he spoke to us on faith and how vitally important it is for missionaries to have faith.  At the very end, he told us he wanted to “invoke a special blessing” on us as a General Authority.  He said, a lot of us are probably dealing with things going on at home, and you may wonder if it would be just more beneficial for us to be at home and help.  But that we are where we ought to be, and we that we will come to understand and that by staying and being faithful, we will bless our families.☺  Not gonna lie, I’ve had that thought cross me a time or two.  It was nice to hear the reassurance from an apostle of the Lord!

Ah!  It was just awesome!  And it was so cool that it’s happened twice now!  First Elder Oaks, then Elder Cook.☺

After it was over, everyone hung oaround for a while and chatted.☺  It’s just so awesome to see a little over 500 missionaries flow into a church parking lot.☺

We also got mail!!  Thanks for the package Momma.☺  That was a fun little surprise!  Daddy, I thought you did a fabulous wrapping job.☺

We went and grabbed dinner, and headed home.  We had an appointment with Amanda at 7:30 so we pushed it back to 8:00.  We had a good lesson with her about faith. ☺  Then she reminded us about daylight savings. : / Ugg!  So basically we got home as fast as we could to lose as little sleep as possible.

March 9, 2014

Ugg!  Daylight Savins is terrible!!  It was SO hard to get up!

We got to have a lesson with Katelynn this morning!  And we got her mom’s signature!  So we are all good to go!  I love teaching Katelyn.  It’s so easy and she is so very golden.  Her little face lights up like a Christmas tree every time we mention her baptism.☺  Her date is now April 6, inbetween sessions of general conference.  Hopefully it will work for everyone!

Church was just great today.  The King’s son, John, gave his homecoming talk.  I wish he would have given more stories from his mission, but he did a great job.

During gospel principles, Morgan handed us a note and said she wants to be baptized on the 28th.  That’s great, but she is still on the e-cig and she has been on and off date so many times. I’m hesitant, but we will see if she can do it this time.  After church we tracted.  It was a beautiful day.  Ah. So tracting was pleasant and people were very nice.

We went to the Dobsons for dinner.  Sister Dobson is the Relief Society president and her husband is a Baptist.  She is one of the only part member families who is active.  She is great!

Then we went to the Kings for some mingling and dessert.  One of the youth in our ward, Cydnee Miakowski has a frined she wants us to teach.  Yay!

That was pretty much our day.  I love Sundays because it means that the next day I to e-mail you guys!

Oh, Daddy! Guess what?  I got a name tag that says Sister Georgia on it.  Elder Jessen made me promise not to wear it, but I got it.☺

Haha, awesome right?
Well ya’ll,  I love you buckets! Have a great week!

Love, Molly 

No comments:

Post a Comment