Address

Sister Molly George
Georgia Atlanta North Mission
1150 Cole Dr. SW
Lilburn GA 30047

mollyg@MyLDSMail.net

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blessed with an Overwhelming Feeling of Love

Feb 3, 2014

Greetings and Salutations☺

Ha!  I'm goin' all Charlotte's Web on ya.☺

Today was pretty fun!  Last night we got home at 11:30.  I was so stinkin' exhausted!  I brushed my teeth, got my pjs on, washed my face all in record time!  I said my prayers and went to bed.  Unfortunately, I was at the point that I was so tired I had a hard time falling asleep!  Sister Nettleton didn't come to bed.  She was doing something in the living room.  FINALLY I fell asleep!  When the alarm went off this morning it took everything I had just to turn it off!  But, I got up and got ready.  We didn't get to the gym which I hate.

I had a blast at Zone P-day!  It was so fun!  We played volleyball and hung out.☺  I really miss being with other missionaries!  This Zone is just tons different than Sugar Hill Zone.  I miss it.  But, I have some good friends in this Zone!  Sister Hamilton, Sister Iketau, and Elder Henson are all here.  It was fun to hang with them!

Sister Nettleton really didn't want to go to Zone P-day.  I begged and begged and promised that if we could go then I would let her choose how we spent out next weeks P-day.  She wouldn't really play with us.  I tried and Sister Hamilton tried to get her to play but she wouldn't.  I really wish she would have.  It would have been more fun with her.  We ended up leaving early.  Sister Pickett, from when I was in Suwanee, gave me a bunch of Chick-fil-A cards for free stuff.  I told her I would get her lunch for coming with me even though she didn't want to.

After we got home she took and nap and I wrote letters.  Dinner was at the Araves (pronounced RV's).  They have 4 little kids.  Dinner was crazy fun.  When people have little kids my goal is always to focus on the kids and have fun with them.  Lots of times I will ask them if they want to wear my name tag.  They always puff out their little chests and get really proud.  Then I ask them if they are going to be a missionary.  I always get an enthusiastic YES!  I really do love their children.  I love helping them want to be a missionary.  It also ensures that I have a whole bunch of kids running up to me on Sundays which I love.

Then we went to the Tye's for Family Home Evening.  Sister Tye invited us yesterday so I said, "Yes!"  They wanted to do a missionary centered lesson.  So I shared the story of Bill Carpenter.  I love that story and the meaning it gives to missions.

February 4, 2014

This morning I worked out in the living room.  Not my favorite but it is better than nothing.  I also started my new Book of Mormon study today.  I finished my Latter Day and missionary workbook.  It has become one of my most treasured copied of the Book of Mormon.  I love flipping through and seeing all the marks and the writing in the margins. . . .   My next go through, I have dedicated to the Lord.  Whenever it says, "Lord, God, I, He, Him, etc. . . " it gets marked.  Then I mark in a different color whenever it says, "God spake" to the. . . .   I got to Chapter 9 today.  I am amazed how much is already marked!  I am now a firm believer in studying this way!  It may be the only way I study for the rest of my life cause I love it so much!!☺

Today was District Meeting.  Whoot!  I like District Meeting. . . usually.  My first week here was awkward.  But!  It has since improved.  Sister Nettleton was given a training on using time wisely and being accountable.  She said one way we could be accountable is not sleeping in.  I am a firm believer of getting up on time.

We went to  the Olive Garden for lunch as a district.  I'm all for the unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks!  Sometimes the elders just make me laugh and roll my eyes.  The were asking us if sisters talk about elders and if they are cute.  They make me laugh.  Some elder made a list one time of the cutest sisters in the mission.  A sister retaliated and made one of the elders.  Luckily, that didn't get too far before it got discovered and taken away.  Kinda crazy.  Ah well.  We have been advised over and over about flirting and such.

After lunch we had to go borrow Sister King's washer and dryer because we STILL don't have one and Sister Nettleton needed to wash to get through the week.  Lowe's is supposed to call us any day now, to bring us a washer and dryer.  They were supposed to call 4 weeks ago, and then for sure 3 weeks ago, and then 2 weeks ago, and positively last week. . . .   Well maybe this week sometime.  I'm just hoping sometime before transfers.  They've got 2 weeks.

Then we went tracting.  It was nice to tract.  Sister Nettleton said she is starting to like it a little more.  Hopefully it will stay that way for her.  It truly makes it easier if you have a good time with it.

We had dinner at the Hutchinsons.  Their home is SO cute!  Sister Hutchinson is like a master decorator.  Well she is a nurse. . . but really good at decorating!  They have one son on a mission and then 2 girls and their son at home.  They have a son who doesn't believe in God.  He said he hasn't since he was about 12.  I have no idea what happened.  He was nice to us though.

After dinner we went over to the Dustin's.  LOVE THEM.  They got back from Poland on Sunday night.  Brother Dustin answers the door and tells us to be quiet.  The house is dead silent.  He said that Nana (Sister Dustin's mom) fainted and bonked her head on the toilet and they just got back from the emergency room.  Sister Dustin is the cutest mom ever.  I told them about shushing Nana last week when they were in Poland.  Sister Dustin couldn't stop laughing.  I think she was more shocked than anything because that has probably never happened to Nana in her life.

They got us Tolberone in Poland☺ Cute Dustins!  They got the elders the ligit fur hats that Polish people wear.  It was cute of them to think of us!  I just love them!!

February 5, 2014

Today was rough.  Like an "I just want to go home, crawl in bed and cry/sleep" kind of day.  We had a full day planned!  Tons of people to go see, tracting, the whole 9 yards.  And no one was  home.  Literally, no one.  After 3 and a half hours of no one answering their doors, we were really discouraged.  I was about to just tell Sister Nettleton to turn around and go home.  At that point, all I wanted to do was take a nap.  I haven't been sleeping all the great so I was so exhausted anyways.  And then having no one answer the door just added to my frustrations and tiredness.  It was 2:00 and we got to a road that if we took one way, we could go home or we could go a different way.  I was SO tempted to just say turn home.  But, I knew that would be bad and I want to be a good missionary.  So I said, "Let's pray." instead.  So, I prayed.  I told Heavenly Father that we were tired and frustrated.  That we were pretty much done with today.  I felt better and more awake after we prayed but still had no idea what we should do.  So we just drove.

Then Sister Nettleton said there was a former investigator up the road that kept popping into her head.  So we went and knocked on her door.  She didn't answer for a very long time!  Just as we were about to turn around, she answered her door!  And then she let us in.☺  Oh happy day!  We just sat and talked with her for a little while.  She is a cutie.  Not ready quite yet for accepting the gospel but a cutie!  We shared a thought and left after about an hour.

Then we decided to go visit Billie.  I LOVE Billie!  She is like my Hickory Flat Richard.  I just adore her!  She is so stressed right now.  Her husband, Mayo (yes that is his name☺) is getting hard for her to take care of, even with home hospice help.  She doesn't want to put him in a home though, and she just doesn't know what to do.  I asked her if there was anything we could do.  It took her a minute and finally she said, "You know, there is.  Before he got sick, my husband would get me something for Valentine's Day.  Nothing big, just a flower or a card.  Well, I don't get anything like that now that he's sick.  That's what I want."  Well shoot!  I'll buy out a whole flower shop if I need to for Billie!  I asked her if she had plans for that night and I would cook her dinner.  She got all teary eyed.  So we are having dinner with Billie next week.  But we are moving Valentine's Day to Thursday because it's easier for her.  I told her she was one of my favorite people and that I write home about her.  I told her that you guys don't hear about people unless I really love them (or if they are crazy, but I left that part out☺).  She looked at me and said, "Can I ask you something?"  Of course.  She goes, "Can I be your. . . I don't want to be a grandma. . . can I be your mom here?  But I want to be a special mom!  I want to be a selfish mom."  I looked into that sweet lady's eyes, and felt an even larger amount of love for her than I though possible!  I told her I would be honored!   The only other person I consider my Hickory Flat mom is Sister Dustin, and probably Sister King.  But Billie is my special Hickory Flat mom.☺  She assured me she wasn't there to take away my Momma's place.☺  She just wanted a place of her own.  She had a place even before she asked for one though!☺  Then she asked if she could have a picture of me for her fridge.  Ah!  I love Billie!  I love her so much!

My day was made when we left.  I was happy.☺  Even though most of it was a fail and full of frustration.  We didn't have a DA so we just worked through dinner and went tracting.  At one point, 2 little boys got ahead of us and kept turning around.  We finally got to where they were with their sisters.  One of the little girls (turns out she has the same name as one of my most very favorite people. . . Hannah!) says, "Excuse me!  Could I see what you're selling?"  I told them we weren't selling anything, we were missionaries, and we were helping people get closer to Jesus.  Their eyes got big and excited.☺  I asked them what church they went to and what their favorite parts were.  Then I told them about the Book of Mormon, and asked them if they wanted one.  An enthusiastic yes!  They were cute.☺  It just goes to show you can plant a seed with anyone and lots of times kids end up being easier than adults!  It ended as a good day.  The Lord blessed us for not stopping, even though I wanted to so stinking badly!

February 6, 2014

Today was good.☺  We first attempted to go visiting teaching with Sister Cooley and Sister Owens.  Unfortunately, no luck.  But that's okay!  After lunch we went and saw Andrea and her sister-in-law Karen.  We had dinner with them last week.  As we visited everyone started sharing their not so proudest moments.  Things that were about the really not good stuff they did in High School and what not.  And here's me, just sittin' on the couch, not saying a word because well, I didn't do anything.  Never drank, had a boyfriend, snuck out . . . nope.  I was just miserable in high school but I never did anything I really regret doing!  So I got teased during the conversation instead.  I'd rather be teased though than have stories like that to share.

After that, we went and visited Jillian.  They are a cute family and have really cute kids!  But she and Matt aren't progressing.  They are holding each other back and its sad to see.  Hopefully they will get there one day!  Then we tracted.  We were almost done when we got to a house with an invisible fence and a barking dog.  Sister Nettleton's has a great fear of dogs, but I am conscious about it and try to watch out for her.  Well, the dog sensed her fear and started snarling and showing it's teeth.  It would have been fine if she could just calm down.  But I guess when you have phobia's you don't have much control over such things.  I have to honestly say that it is annoying and makes things quite difficult at times.  I try to be calm and understanding though.

We didn't have a DA again to night, so we went home and ate before mutual.  Daddy, I got Grandpa's funeral package.  Thanks.☺  I don't know if I will ever be able to spend Grandpa's "sock money."☺  The story made me laugh and cry all at the same time!  I haven't gotten a chance to listen or watch the video. . .   I kinda need to work up to that.  thanks for the stamps.☺  The should keep me going for a little while!

We got to finish the youth's mini mission tonight!  It got cancelled last week because of snow.  So tonight they got to go "tracting."  Before they did, Bishop asked Sister Nettleton and I to talk to them a little bit.  I told them about how I found Richard.  I told them who they were representing and shared with them 3 Nephi 5:13.  then I got to go be an investigator with them!  It was awesome!☺  They had a hard time thinking of me as not a missionary.  I would ask questions, they would hesitantly answer, and then look at me and say, "Right?"  It was cute.☺  I talked with cute Autumn Dustin and Makayla Hutchinson for a little bit.

After the activity they had treats.  I was talking to Elder Peña. . . . Funny boy!  I asked if he was ready to get a training call.  Partly I was teasing but I'm almost 100% positive he will be training.  He asked if i was ready.  I told him I wasn't sure I would be.  There are only 6 sisters coming in this transfer.  He looked at me and said, "Sister George!  Why would they put you in a training area if they weren't going to have you train again?!  You've already trained once!  You will do it again."  Oh I know I will do it again.  It's just a matter of when.  I would really like to train again though!☺

February 7, 2014

We went on exchanges today.  Sister Breinholt is here with me and Sister Nettleton is with Sister Dunn in Woodstock.  I like exchanges!  It's always an adventure.☺  Oh My Goodness!!!  I LOVE Sister Breinholt!  We had SO much fun together!  It was a blast!

We started out visiting less actives.  Sister Jenkins was the first.  she is so sweet!  I don't really know why she is less active because she is so awesome and she loves the church.  She doesn't consider herself less active though.  She told us how she joined the church and bet Brother Jenkins.  She had been attending church since she was like 12, but her dad wouldn't give her permission to be baptized.  Her brother and sister joined.  She kept coming.  Finally her dad gave her permission to be baptized.  A year later she and Brother Jenkins were married.  She was only 18 years old.

We also saw Sister Craig.  She had us paint her nails again.  Sister Breinholt thought it was so funny.  Oh the things you do as a missionary!  Then we saw the Tye's new puppies!  Sister Tye breeds German Shepherds and their dog had her litter last night.  They were so little!

Then we tracted and we just talked and talked.  It was just so fun.  I like her and tracting was so much fun.

My heart is so sad.  We had some missionaries from our mission who got sent home this last week.  Which means a ton more rules on Tuesday  in Zone Meeting.  I am so sad.  I love the missionaries in this mission.  I really do.  They are great people.  I also know that we make mistakes that have consequences.  I also know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real.  It works!  It works for everyone!  I don't know what happened and I don't need to.  I just know that I love them and will pray for them and their families.  I pray that they know that the Atonement is for them as well.  I am thankful that I am able to use the healing power of the Atonement every day of my life.  I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

I know I'm guilty of not being exactly obedient, but I am trying!  I'm trying hard!  I am going to try even harder.  I may not like all the rules I know we will be getting on Tuesday, but I'm going to do everything in my power to follow them as best I can!  I know that rules are set in place to protect us.  Just like commandment from a loving Heavenly Father.  He doesn't give them to us to limit us but to enable us to enjoy agency to it's fullest.

After tracting, we went to dinner at the Drakes. . . .  Ah!  I love them.☺  Sister Drake isn't a member, but she might as well be!  Their story is crazy!  So they met in college and got married.  Then they got divorced and went their separate ways.  They both got married again.  Brother Drake got baptized and sealed to his wife and had 6 kids.  Sister Drake got married and had 1 child.  Well the both got divorced again and reconnected over Facebook and got married.  HaHa!  It's awesome!  Sister Drake has a couple of reasons why she won't join the church one of them being she believes that coffee is one of the greatest gifts of the earth.  That is not the only thing but it is one of the things.  She loves the church, loves the missionaries and everything else!  She is awesome!  And she knows everything that we would teach!  She will get there one day!!

After dinner we went and visited the Frias family.  Arianna (13 year old) came to mutual last night and was a missionary!  She even taught about Joseph Smith!  I was so proud of her.☺

It was such a fun day!  Sister Breinholt and I had a blast!  I would LOVE to be her companion some day.  That list of sisters who I would love to be companions with just gets longer and longer.  Even though I learned about things that mad my heart so very sad, I also had a bunch of happy things to surround the sad with!!☺

February 8, 2014

This morning was AWESOME!!  Both sister Breinholt and I got up together, worked out together, had personal study, and comp study together!  I miss that kind of stuff when it doesn't happen.  Hickory Flat could really start to pick up.  This is a great place to be and an awesome ward full of great people!

We first went and saw Morgan.  I had told Sister Breinholt a little bit about Morgan.  Morgan had told us that she had some new for us when we came over.  I was a bit nervous.  Well, she told us she was ready to be baptized.  Here's the problem.  She isn't.  She told us that she had talked with Elder Buckway about it.  I would like a word with him.  Okay, background, Elder Buckway goes home at the end of this transfer.  he was Morgan's first missionary and he is in Allatonna right now.  I told him when he asked, that Morgan isn't quite ready.  But he ignored me because he just wants to end with a baptism and President told him if Morgan wanted him to, he could baptize her.  I am a little irritated with him right now.  So, now I have an investigator who wants to be baptized even though she isn't ready.  So I told Morgan that she needed to meet with Bishop first and there are a few more things that we need to go over.  I think that appeased her for the moment.  I called Bishop and explained the situation.  He has a interview with her tomorrow.

After Morgan, I took Sister Breinholt to meet the Dustin's.☺  We pull up and they are all in camo looking like a bunch of cute little hicks!  Brother Dustin just bought the most redneck looking boat you have ever seen.  It was so funny!  They were taking it out on the lake for the first time.

I was talking with Sister Dustin and it appears that Nana has forgiven me shushing her.  I think that maybe she likes me even though I was a little naughty.

Then we switched back.  I was sad to Sister Breinholt go!  It was the most fun I've had in a while.  But I love Sister Nettleton and so I was happy to see her when we got to switch point.

We went to one of our less actives, Gina Little.  She owns a horse therapy business and asked us to help.  It was SO fun!!  We got to be around a bunch of special needs kids and around horses!  I was totally in an element that I loved.☺  I know it's silly, but I've missed the musty smell of farm animals.  I'm a country girl at heart.♥  Sister Nettleton always says she is a city girl but then she decided that she was part country girl.

We went home and showered.  Then we went tracting.  I found a 'Michael' street.☺  So of course I took a picture.  We tracted that street.  I will sent the picture to Michael.

We went to dinner with Sister Lineback's daughter Skye.  She is crazy!  Awesome - - but crazy.☺  She is hilarious and it was a blast.  After which we went home and finished weekly planning.  Whoot.

February 9, 2014

Happy Sabbath!☺  We went to a Methodist church with the elders this morning.  It was fun.  I liked it, but I didn't feel the spirit.  The preacher was pretty good though.  He talked about in Ephesians how it says that there are pastors and preachers called but we all need to do work.  It was better than the Revolution church.

We tracted for a little while and ran into a lady named Pauline.  Mom!!  Wouldn't it be cool if she got baptized?!?  Then we could both have a Pauline from our missions.☺  That would be AWESOME!  We are going back on Wednesday to see her.  Keep her in your prayers because that is better that fingers crossed!!

Church was good.  At the end of sacrament meeting they do announcements.  Brother Potter reminded everyone that the Stake President asked that the wards pray for their missionaries by name.  One by one he had us stand up as he said our names.  Then we taught gospel principles.  Sister Nettleton didn't want to plan last night.  She told me I could plan and she would wing it.  It ended up not being as coordinated as I would have liked.  Oh well.

Relief Society was good.  They like me in there.☺  I am willing to do stuff like lead even though Sister Nettleton makes fun of me.  It's okay because I really like to help out where I can so the teasing is no big deal.

Our correlation meeting focused on cute Morgan.  Bishop gave her the go ahead to get the baptismal interview.  I love that girl I just don't think that she is ready right now.  Sister Nettleton said that I am not being as supportive of Morgan as I should be.  I hope Morgan doesn't think that because I love her and I think the best way to support her is to be honest with her while I am loving her.  I just want her to be ready and to feel comfortable in her own skin and make this decision because it is the one that is right for her and not for someone else.  I want her to make a commitment that she is ready to make with no looking back and no regrets. This whole situation is frustrating!!!

Dinner was great!  It was at the Dustin's.  Oh I love their kids and I love playing with them!  It is a good feeling to go into a home where you love them and where you can feel their love for you!

Well, I love you people!  You're all my favoritest people on the planet!  I miss y'all buckets!  Tomorrow, I will have been out for 7 months.  Ugh!  Ah!  Keep me in your prayers!  You're all in mine!


Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment