Address

Sister Molly George
Georgia Atlanta North Mission
1150 Cole Dr. SW
Lilburn GA 30047

mollyg@MyLDSMail.net

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Little Heartbreak and Family Birthdays

November 11, 2013

Hello Family!

Happy Vetran's Day.  Happy last flag day of the year.  So, I'm totally all for Vetran's Day but I don't like it too much when the post office is closed and I can't send birthday presents home.  Bummer!  Well, I will eventually get them to you.  Today we went to Target.  Again.  I love Target but it is pretty far out of our area.  We shopped for a while and then we got out of there.

We had let the Spanish elders into the church before we had gone to Target.  They have made another rule that you can't go out of your area without permission.  Technically their area is like everywhere.  When we got back I got chastized by Elder Ontivarous for letting them in but Elder Bridge was on my side.
 
Sister Holgado signed up for dinner again.  Brother Holgado loves having us there.  He is trying to get Sister Holgado  to have us for Thanksgiving even though we already have dinner.  They are funny.

Then we went and got my package!  Thank you!  The Frankenberry cereal made me giggle.  I love that stuff.  How did you know I wanted my other USU sweatshirt?  Smart Momma!  I love the fancy coat.  It is so warm.  Ah!  It was all perfect.

We talked with Brother and Sister Watkins for a while.  Sister Watkins is sad because her brother's foot has gotten super infected and they will probably have to amputate it.

I shared a thought before we left (we always do but I like this thought).  It's Alma 36:22, at the very end of the verse Alma says  "...my soul did long to be there."  I wrote 'home' next to that.  My first thought was home with all of you but as I thought more and read the verse again, I thought about heaven home.  How much of our natural man is blocking our soul's longing to be home?  I think sometimes, that slips and we get a glimpse of how close our souls are to heaven.  President Ezra Taft Benson said, "Nothing is going to surprise us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar His face is to us."  So, there you go, a thought for the day.

November 12, 2013 

I was right.  We got chastized today.  I didn't know this but the writing on cars is an act of flirtation.  We had a whole thing on it.  I guess telling the Elders you like their tie is flirting too.  From what they were saying, basically all forms of communication with the Elders can be flirting.  I think they are going a little overboard on the whole thing.  I know we need to be careful but I think they are stretching it a bit.

On a better note, I saw Sister Hooker.  I can never say enough how much I love her.  She is happier but she is also having a hard time training.  We didn't think it was going to be as hard as we both find it to be.  It is for sure a learning experience.  I also got to see Elder Harmon.  I really didn't get to talk to him though.  It probably would have counted as flirting if we had talked.

All the sisters in our zone.
After our meeting we went over to Marni's.  I love going over there and talking to her and helping her.  We had dinner at the Brintons.  They are a cute little family.  It is fun because Sister Brinton is 22 and it's nice to have a friend.  We were at the table and Sister Knight stood up to go do something and I saw that her zipper had split.  I excused myself, walked over to her and let her know.  She had to sit through dinner with it. 

After dinner we drove over to the church and she switched into her jeans that we had in the car from Marni's.  We had about an hour left before we needed to go home.  By the time that we would go home and change there would not be time to do anything.  So we went and washed the car because they may switch it out tomorrow because of the car mirror.  I did not feel productive tonight, dang it!  I hate that feeling.  We had no control over the zipper though.

November 13, 2013

Today was a super fabulous day!  Usually Wednesday is kinda hard to get through but today was awesome.  It was the follow-up meeting, and because Sister Hooker is training they came to us and we drove together for the rest of the way.  How delightful!  I know I say it all the time, but I just love her.  She always brightens my day.

We got to the meeting and Sister Paepaetaata sat next to us.  She is so sweet.  She goes home this February.  She told me again how much she would love to be my companion.  I would love to be her’s as well.  It would only give us a transfer together though…  And I got to see Sister Carrigan.  I love her and miss her.  She misses me too.  She says that she feels like Lilburn is the AP’s area and they are just there.  I hope it gets better for her.  I can’t wait to show y’all the book she made for me.  It’s really cute.  She put a lot of work into it.

Sydney.  I got your letter today.  Heavens baby cakes!  Talk about making me cry.  Your talk on the Holy Ghost was so good.  I’m so proud of you.

I got a letter from Liz (a friend from work at Macey’s).  She’s pregnant.  I am so happy for her.  She is going to be a great mom.  She sent me a baby name bracket…Funny girl!

When we were getting ready to leave we were all saying good-bye and about five people all yelled “Bye Sister George!”  Sister Hooker looked at me and said, “How do you know everyone?!?  I just shrugged my shoulders and said, “I dunno.”  We drove home and I had to say goodbye to Sister Hooker.  But I get to see her soon because next Monday they are coming down here and we will get to see each other again.

We went tracting a little before dinner.  It was dark and not the funnest.  Dinner was at the Ketchums.  They had a lady from Brother Ketchum’s work over.  She is super sweet.  Her story is really sad!  Her dad died, then a few months later, she and her fiance got into a motorcycle crash and she watched him die.  She almost died too.  Then exactly a year later, her mom died.  The gospel could help her so much.  I hope she will let it help her!  She was a very happy person.  She said that you choose whether you are happy or not.  How true!  I hope that as we call her and text her that she will respond and want to know more.

November 14, 2013

Richard broke my heart today.  He knows that he is supposed to get baptized into this church but he can’t because of his wife.  She won’t let him.  He just looked at me the whole time.  He knows that I know that.  He also knows how much it is killing me that his wife is stopping him from being baptized.  He just kept telling me, “I’m okay.”  At the end of our meeting, we were shaking his hand.  He took mine but instead of shaking he pulled me in and gave me a hug.  I was crying as soon as I was out of the door.  I couldn’t help it.  I love this man that Sister Carrigan and I found.  I want so badly for him to receive the blessings that come as a member.  Sister Galt hugged me and let me cry for a minute.  Shen she took a picture and sent it to you.  That is always fun.
Sister George and Sister Knight
We went over to Marni’s next.  She is sweet.  I actually had a cool discussion with her.  She asked what we were doing for the rest of the day so I told her that we had a few investigators and we were asking one of them to be baptized.  She was excited for us.  Then we started talking a little about baptism.  She likes that we don’t do it as babies.  I talked about why and what it means.  Slowly but surely she is getting there. 

We met up with Kiaundra at Sister Willey’s.  We read Alma 15 with her and talked about Amulek and how he gave up everything for the church.  When I asked her if she would be baptized, it threw her off.  Even though the whole chapter talks about being baptized, and she knew that this was coming, I just think it was a surprise that I asked.  She said that she would pray about it.  She is sincere and will get her answer.  It’s just a matter of when.

After Kiaundra we went over to the Adams for dinner and to teach Ben and Casey.  Sister Adam’s son, Ben, just got home from his mission, so Sister Adams is partial to the elders.  This is the first time I have ever gotten to go over there.  Sister Adams is really nice and so is Brother Adams.  Ben is nice and we talk to him all of the time. 

The lesson with Ben (not Sister Adam’s son Ben) and Casey went really well.  Ben is ready right now to be baptized but he is waiting for Casey.  She is still a little shakey.  She will get there though.  I think at the beginning of next year.  Hopefully I will still be here.

November 15, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!  I wish I was home so I could give you a big hug and kiss!  I hope that your day is fabulous.  Today Sister Knight took charge of weekly planning.  We may have to go back and redo a few things but she did pretty good.  And to be honest we frequently have to redo a little here or there. After weekly planning we went tracting.  It rained all day and so that’s what we tracted in.  Mom, I would not have like Holland too much, but maybe more than Sister Knight.


We met Brittany Miller (our investigator, her husband is Michael) at Chick-Fil-A, just her and us.  It was nice to just be able to talk with her and answer her questions.  I like Michael and his questions, but it was nice to get to know Brittany one on one.  I’ll give it to Sister Knight, she was asking Brittany great questions about herself. 

Dinner was with the Hunsakers tonight.  They are awesome.  Sister Hunsaker is so cute and happy.  Their kids are a hoot.  I felt like I was right at home with them running around, yelling, and wrestling with each other.  We had crepes for dessert.  Yummy.  No huckleberries though.  You don’t know what you are missing if you have never had huckleberry crepes.

We had about an hour left of our day.  We called a few people to see if we could visit but they all either said no or didn’t answer.  We still had a bunch of 12 week that needed to get done so we went home and did that.  Not too much of an exciting day, ah well.

November 16, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACEY!!!  I’m glad you liked your presents.  I thought you might.  How was your day?  Fabulous I hope!  


We did a lot of service today.  President Galt asked us to come and help their neighborhood.  The elders cleared out a bunch of trees while we helped decorate the subdivision with Christmas decorations.  We were there for a very long time.  They fed us lunch and we had a blast.  I’m sad that I missed decorating the tree with y’all this year.  I missed it last year too.  Dumb school.

We went tracting after.  Oh boy.  We had one guy who answered the door and I said we had a message of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He stopped me and said, “What was wrong with the old one?”  I didn’t understand so I asked “Sorry, what?”  He said, “What was wrong with the old one?  Why is it restored?”  I started to say nothing was wrong with it, that is why it is restored to what it was.  As I was explaining he just shut the door.  He didn’t slam it or anything, just shut it.  OK dude, whatever.  Don’t ask a question if you don’t want an answer. 

We had another lady open the door, look at us and yell, “Oh no! You get out of here!  Go away with all of your crazies!”  OK.  We will.  Sadly she will be stuck with her crazies.

We met a sweet older lady named Anne.  She talked to us for a good 15-20 minutes.  She was just so cute and lonely.  Not interested, but sweet.  We were in the neighborhood of a couple in our ward, the Spencers.  They were outside and invited us in.  Sister Spencer spent a good 45 minutes trying to marry me off to her son.  Brother Spencer tried too.  They said they will introduce us when he comes home for Christmas.  Oh, they were funny!

We met with Michael and Brittany at 7.  Brother Wernli came with us.  I think Brother Wernli has been able to hit something in Michael that no one else has been able to.  I sure hope so!  I could listen to Brother Wernli talk about the gospel all day long!  He knows so much.  I wish I did.  He just got called to be a seminary teacher.  What I would give to be in that class!  The lesson went super well!  Hopefully that will continue.

November 17, 2013

Oh boy!  What a day.  I didn’t even attend most of sacrament meeting today.  It was crazy.  Ok, back up, so Kiaundra came to church and so did Ben and Casey.  We sat by them and Kiaundra sat by the Paxtons.  Then Yvonne (a sweet lady who got help from the church and sometimes comes) came.  I was glad to see her!  After sacrament meeting Sister Galt catches my eye and motions to me.  Sister Knight stayed with Ben and Casey and I went with Sister Galt.  There was a black lady in the back with her 2 kids crying.  She had come on Tuesday and President Galt told her to come back today and we would help her.  It was good that Yvonne came.  Theresa was the lady’s name.  She was so embarrassed that she had to come and get help and Yvonne kept telling her that it would all be fine.
 
Theresa’s kids were angry at her, mostly her 15 year old son.  Sister Galt had me go out into the hall with them.  That is why I missed all of sacrament meeting.  I just talked to them and got to know them.  Jamal (the son) slowly opened up to me.  Morgan (the daughter) took a little less time to open up.  They went to all three meetings, that was awesome.  Theresa says she would like to start taking the lessons and that they would be back next week!  I hope so!

After church we went tracting.  We finally ran into the basher Sister Knight was waiting for.  I don’t think that we did that well.  Of course, let's be honest, it NEVER goes well when it is like that.

We had dinner with the Moores.  Their house is so cute!  Sister Moore is super creative and fancy.  We had a fun time.  After that we went to the Liefson’s.  They are one of the families in our ward who have their parents, brothers and sisters in the ward too.  There are a few of those.  It was just a fun way to end the night and a great way to end a crazy but awesome day. 

I love you family!  I hope all is well.

Love, Molly


P.S.  I would like some more maxi skirts.  If you see any good ones I would like them…

No comments:

Post a Comment