Sister Molly George
Georgia Atlanta North Mission
1150 Cole Dr. SW
Lilburn GA 30047

Saturday, June 14, 2014

My First Leadership Council and Goodbye to President and Sister Wolfert

June 2, 2014

Waddup Fam!

Ah!  I’m so very glad that I got to e-mail y’all. J  I didn’t like it so much when I had to wait until Wednesday last week.  No Bueno!

The Fort Yargo sisters came and spent the day with us.  I miss hanging with other missionaries!  I’m glad that they came!  Especially cause we are STL’s.  No one EVER wants to hang with the STL’s!  I never have really wanted to!  Except Sister Hamilton of course.

After e-mailing we went to lunch at Arby’s.  One of the great things about the South is that they play the Christian rock stations in the stores and restaurants!  It’s awesome!  So we can “rock out” and still have it be somewhat approved music!  Sweet!!

We decided to go to the Fish Thrift Store that we have here.  It was kinda a fail.  But we had fun!  They had some wedding dresses and prom dresses that made us laugh.  And then I found a Mumu!  So, I tried it on and threw a belt around it.  Strangely, it sorta worked!  But it still would have needed tweeking.   So I decided against it. J  Haha!

Then we went back to the apartment and just laughed and talked and had fun.  Most of the talking was done by Sister Iketau and me, with Sister Arbon chiming in here and there.  Bless Sister Richard’s heart.  She just laid there.  She is so very sweet.  We said goodbye and then hurried to the store. 

Dinner was at the Hernandez’s house.  Even though we had talked about it yesterday, they had forgotten.  Oops!  So we waited a little bit for dinner, but they were so awesome about it!

Our last appointment was with the Pecks.  Our plan was to get Villa a date for baptism.  But when we brought it up Brother Peck told us they had discussed it and decided that they wanted to be baptized at the same time.  She is so ready and we don’t know how much longer Brother Peck is going to have to wait.  It is kinda breaking my heart!  But the Lord has a plan.  He will make it all happen somehow.

June 3, 2014 

Sister Arbon turned 20 today!  Happy Birthday!  She kept telling me that 20 was so old.  I have to disagree because mostly if 20 is old then 21 is older and I am NOT old.

When we were on exchanges last week, Sister Iketau and I went to the dollar store and got balloons, streamers, and a birthday sash.  My plan was to do it during the night so everything was up when we got up.  But, of course, I was so very tired like always.  So!  I did it while she was in the shower.  It was fun and she was surprised. J

District Meeting was in Winder today, which I LOVED cause the Fort Yargo district meets there too!  Ah!  I so miss having missionaries close!  It was a ton of fun!  Elders Rahman and McMurdie are in Fort Yargo.  I miss those boys!  And our elders were a lot more talkative today so that was fun. J  It was just a REALLY good morning!

After lunch we had a team up to go see one of the ladies we tracted into on Saturday who came to the pig roast.  The funny thing is, we didn’t actually know if it was the same lady.  On Sunday we were going through the former investigators and just started calling people, well, Laura answered and asked if we were the same girls who came the other day.  We had no idea what she was talking about though.  Turns out we were!

We took Sister Carter with us and it went really well!  We may have to work with her a littler harder than we would with some other people.  That’s okay though!  After the lesson we talked with Sister Carter and she gave us some tips, which I was super grateful for!

We went to check the mail for Sister Arbon, but she didn’t have anything from her family.  I kept telling her they hadn’t forgotten her, but she was still a little sad.

We went over to the Brown’s cause Sister Brown had made Sister Arbon a cake.  We stayed and chatted for a little bit until dinner.  Dinner was at the Sisacs (I LOVE this family!!).  We walked in and on the wall was a huge banner from Sister Arbon’s family.  (I TOLD her they hadn’t forgotten her!! J)  Tiffany and Sister Arbon’s mom had been planning this for about 2 weeks.  It was all really cute. J

Last we stopped by Sister Swancey’s who also had more cake for Sister Arbon.  I stuck with my “diet” though and didn’t have any.  But I did fix her fire alarm.  It kept beeping.  Sister Swancey said it had been doing that for about 3 days.  I would have gone bonkers by then.  Funny Lady. J

Sister Arbon says she had a fun day!  I hope so!  I tried to make it awesome!  But I will forever say that my mission birthday was the best. J

June 4, 2014

Today went nothing like we had planned.  But it was still pretty dang awesome. J

First we went and followed up on a lady we tracted into a while ago.  We walked there cause it was in the neighborhood down the street.  Oh my goodness!  It was SO hot!  Ugh!  Once you’re wet in Georgia, you don’t ever get dry!  Stupid humidity!  They lady’s name is Martha.  She has a really sweet daughter.  We were getting close to her trailer and we saw her starting her car.  Sister Arbon walks towards her and starts introducing us like she’s never met us.  Both Martha and I were looking at her like she was crazy.  Haha!  It was so funny!  We ended up setting up an appointment for tomorrow. 

We went and had lunch, then headed to Sister Murphy’s for a lesson with Ashley.  As Sister Murphy opened the door, she asks us if we had gotten her text.  Just then our phone beeped.  Ashely wasn’t coming.  So we talked with Sister Murphy for a minute.  She is amazing.  She is an awesome member missionary.

We had dinner with a member in Social Circle which is a ½ hour drive for us, so we headed there.  We stopped by a lady who Cassie had asked us to see, Faye Kitchens.  She owns an antique shop in Social Circle.  When we got there her shop was closed though.  So we went into the antique shop next to her to ask the people there if they knew where she was.  We looked around for a little bit.  I LOVE antique shops!  They are so cool!!  Turns our Faye is out of town.   Darn!  Hopefully we’ll catch her!

We also went and tried to see some less actives with no such luck.  It can be very discouraging when none of your plans work out!  Dinner was with Sister Taylor.  She is a sweet lady.  She was telling us the story of her and her husband.  They dated for 3 months were engaged for a week and then married!  WOW!

It was getting late by the time we got back to Loganville, but we still had a little time.  We went tracting in the Brown’s neighborhood.  No one answered. : /  Then the Brown pulled in and invited us in for a minute.  We sat and talked for a while.  As we were leaving we had a really good discussion with Sister Brown about the premortal world and families.  The spirit was really strong and I just love Sister Brown!  She is great!

If y’all can find it, listen to Life is Like a Game of Football by Troy Dunn.  AMAZING talk!  It is a life changer.

June 5, 2014

It was a frustrating day today.  But it started out well.

We started out the day by going to the Musgroves and playing catch with Kayla.  Just trying to get her to warm up to us more so that we can get to the point where she will eventually talk to us.  It was fun!  And it was hot!  And it was sweaty!  But it was fun!  We were trying so hard to get her to talk!  We asked question after question.  She would answer if it was a yes or no question, but if it wasn’t she would look at us, half grin, and shrug.  She was a lot more animated, even if she wasn’t talking.  I think it broke more ice though.  Kayla decided I could be a 3rd baseman if I played softball, cause I can throw the ball far.  Whoot! J

We were supposed to meet Martha at 2.  But due to some frustrating circumstances we missed our appointment with her.  I was mad and frustrated.  I hate being late and I hate missing appointments.  It really makes me nuts.  Then I struggle to let go of how frustrated I am and that just never makes things better for me or for my companion.  We finally made it to her house but we were 1 ½ hours late and of course she wasn’t home. 

Dinner was at the Galbreaths. Last week they got called on a “mission.”  For the next 18 months to 2 years their records have been moved to the Madison Branch next to us.  Kind of interesting!  They will be so good for the branch though!

At the end of the day we went to the Pecks with Sister Carter.  Brother Peck wasn’t there.  We were able to just talk with Villa.  We wanted to find out exactly where she was with baptism.  She said she wants to be baptized so badly and she know she is supposed to but Brother Peck want her to wait and so she will.  Villa got teary eyed and told us that though she had grown up Christian, she had lost her way for a while.  But God had brought her here to this point.  She said that she could see her kids growing up and going on missions and that maybe China would be open to missionaries by then.  The spirit was so strong and we just sat there quietly for a moment. 

We left and talked with Sister Carter in the driveway.  As we talked, lightning cracked across the sky.  It looked like daylight!  It was SO cool!!  So that was an interesting end to our night.

June 6, 2014

Today was a good day!  It was my first leadership council as an STL.  Whoot woo.  This was probably the last time we’ll see President and Sister Wolfert.  Which is bittersweet.  They are awesome and I love them a lot, but I‘m also excited to have President and sister Bennion come.  I am excited to be a part of the leadership for his first few months.  It’ll be fun to see the changes that come.  There are always changes when you get new leadership.  Sometimes I like it sometimes I miss the old.

The trainings were really good!  President talked about consecrating ourselves and not just changing temporarily, but changing our natures.  At the very end, both President and Sister Wolfert stood up and talked about marriage and things.  That’s all fine and dandy, but I’ve still got 7 more months in Georgia and heaven only knows how much longer after that.  They were really sweet and cute about it though.

On the drive home I did a lot of thinking and re-evaluating.  I know that I am a good missionary but there are always things that I can tighten up and do to become a better missionary.  Also, all of the Wolfert’s talk about marriage was in my head too.  I just want to be the kind of missionary that I hope to marry.  It for sure puts thing in perspective when you look at it like that.

We went to dinner when we got home at the Kilpatrick’s house.  Brother Kilpatrick isn’t a member.  He calls himself a “Mormondist” because he is very active in his Methodist church but comes to Sacrament Meeting almost every Sunday with Sister Kilpatrick.  They are both just super awesome and it was SO fun to talk to them.  After we gave the thought, we asked them if there was anyone in their neighborhood we could talk to.  Brother Kilpatrick (who ISN’T the member) told us to go stop by their neighbors.

After dinner we headed over to their neighbors, Kathy and Jerry.  Jerry answered and we talked with him on the porch for a little bit.  Then he asked if we would like to meet his wife and invited us in!  Kathy was super sweet!  They both were.  They had A LOT of misconceptions about the church and Joseph Smith.  We were able to teach them the whole first lesson to answer their questions.  It was AWESOME!  We are going back next Tuesday to talk with them some more.  Ah!  It would be so cool if they got baptized - - and all because of a non-member referral.

June 7, 2014 

This morning after we were done working out, we went over to Sister Swancey’s to try and fix her fire alarm.  The dumb thing was still beeping and so she had gotten a new battery for it.  Well, I put it in and that darn thing STILL kept beeping!  Annoying!  While we were there, her daughter called and she put it on speaker.  That was a little awkward.  I was on top of the ladder trying to hurry so that we didn’t have to hear a conversation that we really weren’t a part of. 

Afterwards we went to see Sister Shirley.  Ah!  Sweet lady!  I just love her. J  I wish that I could just sit and talk with her all day long!  I think I will just give myself the calling of keeping the older ladies in the ward company when I get home.  Do we have any of those?  I hope so!  Even though working in the nursing home was the hardest job I have ever had I loved being with the old people and listening to them.

After Sister Shirley we went to lunch with the Wrights.  Morgan Wright leaves for Alaska in July for her mission.  Her twin sister is in Washington for 7 months.  They showed us a picture of her.  Her mom sends her packages every 2 to 4 weeks.  They miss their girl.

Then we headed over to the church for correlation meeting.  Our mission leader never showed up.  That was a little frustrating.

Sister Shirley had asked if we would get some things for her so we went and picked them up.  When we dropped them off, she kept calling us her angels.  It was so sweet!  I just love her. J

As we were headed to go tracting we stopped by this random creek and took pictures.  I miss the water SO much!  One day I will be able to play in the water again.  Tracting was rough.  We had one guy open the door and tell us to “scoot!”  Another guy told us never to bother him again.  It wasn’t a pleasant time.

Dinner was with April and Tony.  They are good people.  Love the missionaries.  Totally not interested.  It was a good way to end a SUPER long day though!

June 8, 2014

Sometimes it is kind of hard to be a missionary.  You are called to serve in a ward and it is with ward members that you are supposed to work.  Sometimes it’s hard to just find a way to get everything to click.

After church we had a linger longer which is dubbed “The Gleaners Meal,” all Bible foods.  It was interesting.  There was lamb and cheese,  cracker and bread, and some other stuff.  Not too bad. 

By the end of church I wasn’t feeling too hot at all.  I could hardly keep my head up!  I was trying!  We went home to plan our training for Zone Meeting on Tuesday.  Sister Arbon told me to take a nap cause I wasn’t looking too good.  I didn’t argue. 

After I got in a little nap, I was feeling a bit better.  We had some of Sister Shirley’s pots from the linger longer so we dropped those off to her.  I know I have said it before but I never get tired of saying it or feeling it.  I love her.  She is kinda my Monroe Billie. J

We didn’t have dinner so we just tracted until it was time to go home.  We tracted a trailer park.  I like trailer parks cause it’s like a little community!  And you never know what you’ll find. J

Yay for tomorrow being Monday!  Daddy, Happy Father’s Day on Sunday J since you’ll get this letter before.  I love you buckets!  Thanks for being my awesome Daddy!  There isn’t a better one out there!!

Love y’all!


No comments:

Post a Comment